We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; our data policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
Please click here to see our separate Cookies Policy.
3. USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information to:
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you marketing or fundraising communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We maintain a customer relationship management (CRM) system to hold contact details and a record of your interactions with Cardboard Citizens such as ticket purchases, donations, queries, complaints, attendance at events and profile information. Where possible we aim to keep a single record for each customer.
Your data is always held securely. Access to customer information is strictly controlled.
We may use your personal information (including your name and contact details) to keep our database up to date and for analysis. Cardboard Citizens is a charity and we may use the data we hold on our database to better understand our stakeholders, including for fundraising purposes. This can be based on data provided by you or publically available sources. We may share your personal information with other organisations for research and analysis purposes, but will not share data with any third parties for any purposes other than those that will benefit Cardboard Citizens . We require that such organisations meet our standards for handling data, and that it is only used for the agreed purpose.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a form to update your details.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
5. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
6. POLICY AMENDMENTS
We may update this privacy and data policy from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity. Please email email@example.com to request this or to update your details.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing or fundraising purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing or fundraising purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing or fundraising purposes.
8. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.