Citz is often a sanctuary for people, regardless of gender, race, class, disability, or any other part of their identity. Citz should feel like a safe place to come for everyone. We do not tolerate Racism, Transphobia, Homophobia, Ableism, Misogyny or Classism or any other forms of discrimination in any form.
Safe places are not just safe because they shield from the outside, but because they are safe and respectful from the inside. This code of conduct is designed to make our working environments as safe as possible for Members and staff alike.
If you are attending a workshop or an activity at Citz, we ask that you:
- Treat everyone with equal respect, courtesy and consideration
- Be aware of your voice in the room and enable others to speak and be heard
- Aim to arrive on time for workshops. If you know you are going to be absent or late, inform the relevant staff member
You will be asked to leave an activity temporarily or permanently if you:
- Act abusively or aggressively towards fellow participants or staff, including being racist, transphobic, homophobic, ableist, misogynistic or classist or expressing any other form of discriminatory beliefs
- Possess or are under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs whilst at Cardboard Citizens
- Engage in any illegal activity whilst at Cardboard Citizens