PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS COURSE IS NOW CLOSED FOR REGISTRATION.
This 12 week course covers the building blocks of developing your craft as a writer. You’ll explore your own creative voice and how to maintain momentum with your projects. This term will be led by acclaimed writer Anna Jordan, whose TV screenwriting credits include Killing Eve and Succession.
Writers who complete the course will have the option to continue onto term 2 in the Autumn, which will be led by a new guest artist.
Session Details and Booking Options
ROOTS with Anna Jordan
Tuesday 26 April – Tuesday 19 July, 6pm – 9pm (Zoom)
A twelve-week course which will help you to lay down your roots as a writer and an artist. We will cover:
- Discovering what excites you and how to turn that excitement into stories, plays, and characters
- Nurturing ideas and keeping them alive
- Finding your voice and strengthening it
- How to write from your own life experience in a healthy, sustainable way
- Feeling part of a creative community: getting the most out of other people’s art and offering creative criticism
- Using your creativity for joy, hope, and comfort
What you will need:
- Access to Zoom
- A notebook and pen
- A little time: there will be a small amount of work to complete between sessions
Anna Jordan is a writer for stage and screen, a director and facilitator. Theatre includes Pop Music (Birmingham Rep / Paines Plough), We Anchor In Hope (Bunker Theatre), Yen (Royal Exchange / Royal Exchange / MCC New York), The Unreturning (Frantic Assembly / Theatre Royal Plymouth), Mother Courage and Her Children (Royal Exchange). TV credits include Succession (HBO), Killing Eve (Sid Gentle / AMC), Becoming Elizabeth (Forge / Starz ), and One Day (Drama Republic / Netflix). She is currently writing for RAW TV, Bristol Automotive, MRC, The National Theatre and The Royal Court Theatre. Anna has taught at several drama schools and has worked as a mentor for young people, writers, and actors. She helped to set up Hackney Showroom Young Actors with Sam Curtis Lindsay and runs regular workshops and Creative Check-Ins through her company, Without a Paddle Theatre.
Who are these workshops for?
These workshops are only for inducted Members of Cardboard Citizens London and beyond.
While this is an introductory course you will, however, need to have some writing practice and be willing to:
- write independently outside of sessions
- be open to sharing work with the group
- be open to receiving feedback
Spaces are limited. You will need to commit to all 12 sessions and if you miss more than 2 sessions consecutively you may be asked to give up your place.
For more information please contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, you can sign up to either Citz Writers OR Theatre Making but not both.
Information, Advice, and Guidance
A quick reminder that Members can contact Matt for Information, Advice and Guidance during this time – phone 07568 957910 or email email@example.com