PLEASE NOTE THAT SIGN-UPS FOR THIS PERFORMANCE ARE NOW CLOSED.
This year we’re creating a community performance in response to our upcoming new musical, The Ruff Tuff Cream Puff Estate Agency, which is directed by Adrian Jackson, and has book & lyrics by Sarah Woods as part of Coventry City of Culture.
Throughout this year the Membership of Cardboard Citizens has researched and developed themes around resistance, response to the housing crisis and inequality in Britain today.
We are now in the third phase of the project and are pleased to announce that we now looking for Member performers to take part in this unique, exciting community play, written by Writers Circle advanced group, led by Lisa Ogun’, with dramaturgy from Sarah Woods, directed by Terry O’Leary, and produced by Kiri Grant.
Please Read Carefully
This opportunity is open to all Members of Cardboard Citizens 18+. We encourage members who haven’t engaged through online workshops and projects in the past year to register their interest.
[Please note this is not a paid opportunity however expenses will be available. Please note that if you sign up for Resistance Music you cannot sign up for Resistance Theatre, this is to open opportunities up to all members.]
We’re looking for 10 musically inspired participants to join Sound for resistance workshops. The participants will be working with lead music facilitator Charley Hullah:
Charley Hullah is a London-based, Midlands-born writer-producer, sound designer and half of the electro-pop duo Futuretape. His projects span electro-pop, synth-pop and music for theatre. Find out more here…
As part of the Resistance Theatre piece, participants will be co-producing the sonic landscape that will contextualise the themes of resistance. This will involve creative collaboration around the themes of the scripts written by the Writer’s Circle advanced group.
Workshops will be held at Cardboard Citizens HQ – click here for a map
Criteria for Resistance Theatre Music:
- You must be able to commit to all the dates and times listed below:
- 8 sessions, every Monday – 5pm to 9pm, 4 October to 22 November
- Evening Week intensive – 5pm to 9pm, 29 November to 3 December
- 3-day intensive Rehearsal – 10am to 6pm, Monday 6/ Tuesday 7/ Wednesday 8 December
- Show dates – 9 and 10 December (Time TBC depending on which piece you are in)
- An interest in music that goes beyond casual listening
- Musically minded – spoken word/rap/instrumentalist/producer/performer
- Able to work in person – All workshops, rehearsal, and performance
- Experience in performing live (This can be at any level and not limited to music)
- Passion for music and learning new skills
- Have good time keeping
- Enthusiasm for the project (Yes, let’s!)
- The ability to work in a team effectively and responsibly
- Take direction from Lead Facilitator and Creative Team
- Willingness to collaborate and share ideas
If you are the above then we want to hear from you!
If you have any learning requirements or support needs to enable you to access this opportunity then please email Bonny@cardboardciitzens.org.uk
For any information regarding the project please email the Project Coordinator Bonny Herington at Bonny@cardboardcitizens.org.uk
If you have signed up to this project you will be contacted by a member of the Team via email by Tuesday 14th September