Join us for an online event (11am-4pm over Zoom with lunch & screen breaks), facilitated by Terry O’Leary, Cardboard Citizens Associate Director to:
- Find out about Cardboard Citizens programme during Coventry City of Culture which aims to shed light on the issues homeless people face in Coventry through a series workshops, discussions and performances.
- Find out about opportunities for people with lived experience of homelessness to:
- Join creative workshops and a three week project in July to devise and perform a play highlighting the issues linked to homelessness in Coventry, which will inspire and challenge audiences to make change.
- Perform in Cardboard Citizens’ brand new musical in October as members of a chorus of Coventry citizens who have experienced homelessness.
- Experience fun, practical games & discussions to start to explore Forum Theatre techniques and other Theatre of the Oppressed Tools which will be used in the programme. These methods offer a set of tools designed to liberate and empower people, using theatre to gain a better understanding of ourselves and the world around us.
The day is aimed at anyone interested in creative ways of engaging vulnerable people and working with them to create change. It will be particularly useful for public and social sector staff engaged with people who have experience of homelessness and housing vulnerability in Coventry.